|JOB STATUS:|| ||Exempt, Full Time|
|REPORTS TO:|| ||Provincial Assistant for Advancement|
The Society of Jesus is a Roman Catholic religious order of brothers, priests and seminarians commonly known as the Jesuits. It is a word-wide order organized into provinces.
Each province is governed by a provincial superior. He is assisted in his work by consultors and assistants, who may be Jesuits or lay partners in ministry. The apostolic works of the province include:
- High schools
- Colleges and universities
- Pre-secondary schools
- Retreat centers
The province supports the spiritual, ministerial and communal lives of its members, assists and coordinates the various apostolic works, provides training to young Jesuits in formation and cares for elderly and infirm members.
The Central and Southern Province includes the following states:
We also serve in Belize and Puerto Rico. Currently, the Central and Southern Province is home to 400 Jesuits who minister in apostolates at home and abroad.
The Jesuits Central and Southern Province seeks an experienced professional to join the Province Advancement team as a Major/Planned Gifts Officer. This individual is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with current and prospective donors within a specific region or as assigned by the Provincial Assistant.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Holds a Bachelor's Degree or higher.
- Minimum of 5 years fundraising experience with an emphasis on major and planned giving.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Roman Catholic Church and the vision of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits).
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office and Raiser's Edge donor software.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work with benefactors to determine the best planned giving vehicle and execute the appropriate documents.
- Ability to work independently and willing to travel.
- Willing to work non-traditional hours (evenings and weekends) when required.
- Facility with Spanish language is a plus.
- Professional, discreet and diplomatic at all times. Cognizant of their role in representing the Jesuits and the Central and Southern Province and having the privilege of dealing with major benefactors.
- Manages a portfolio of 150+ active prospects and donors.
- Annually develops targeted strategies to cultivate and solicit new gifts from specific prospects within the portfolio.
- Achieves quantifiable individual goals and participates in helping the advancement team meet measurable team goals.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Assistant for Advancement to meet priorities and mission of the Jesuits.
Send letter of application and resumé to:
Assistant for Advancement
Jesuits Central and Southern Province
4511 West Pine Boulevard
Saint Louis, MO 63108-2109
You may download a copy of this job description here.